We are now offering Massage Continuing Education Units!
It took us a while and a lot of paperwork, but it’s happened. We are official! So far we have one class scheduled this year, but there will be more soon! Stay tuned for more information about the types of classes, and the dates/locations of said classes.
February is a busy month for us!
First, we have our Massage Special, 2 (1) Hour Massages for you and your significant other, only $90!
Second, Tricia is adding a Group Fitness Class on Mon/Wed at 7pm. Strength and Conditioning, all levels welcome!
Then, we’ll be at the Crafty Fest this weekend at ARTpool, Sat & Sun from 11-5pm.
And, Tricia will be doing chair massage during the 2nd Saturday Art Walk, at the Morean Center for Clay, 5-9pm.
To top it all off, we are going to start having monthly workshops on a variety of topics; Meditation, Time management, etc.
More info to come! We are so excited!
Posted in Events, Exercise, Info, Massage
Tagged appointment, Art Walk, ARTpool, Chair & Table Massage, group classes, group fitness, St. Pete Massage & Fitness, strength training, yoga
We are having a great new special for the month of January. You’re not going to get a better deal than this! It includes the following:
Healthy Lifestyle Special
2 x Week for 8 Weeks
2 (1 Hour) Sessions
Jump start your New Year with this! Call or email us today to set up an appointment to discuss your goals and see if this is the package for you. Payment plans are available.
It’s a brand new year and this is going to be THE year!
St Pete Massage and Fitness is going to be having a Personal Training Special! Starting Jan 5th! It’s going to be perfect to help making those healthy lifestyle choices.
If you want to find out more or sign up early, come to ARTpool’s Crafty Fest, on Sat and Sun from 11am-5pm. We’ll be there doing chair and table massage! 2030 Central Ave, St. Pete.
We hope that everyone has a happy and safe holiday and New Year!
We will be posting again soon!
We hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend! It’s now December, and it’s time to start stocking up on gifts for friends and family. Don’t forget that a Massage Therapy Session is one of the best things you can do for yourself or others!
Sign up to get one today!
We had our official Grand Opening last night, and if you missed it you didn’t miss out on the deals! We are having Specials this whole month to celebrate our new space!
20% off Massages, from 1 Hour to 2Hour Sessions!
Purchase a Group Fitness Classes and receive 2 Extra Sessions!
15% off any of our Personal Training Packages, which range from Individual Sessions to Monthly Packages!
Call today to sign up!
Posted in Events, Exercise, Info, Massage
Tagged Discount, grand opening, group classes, group fitness, Special, St. Pete Massage & Fitness, strength training, yoga
St. Pete Massage and Fitness will be hosting our Grand Opening on Thursday November 6th, from 5 – 9pm!
There will be a few giveaways, as well as some great deals on Massage Therapy, Personal Training, and Group Classes!
Snacks and drinks will be provided and we’ll even do some massage and fitness demonstrations, so be prepared to volunteer!
We are now taking Massage Therapy appointments at St. Pete Massage and Fitness!
Call or Book Online Today!
I once spoke to a massage therapist who worked in the field for around 9 years, but has since retired. She had the strongest opinions about how many in-class or hands-on hours were now required. Basically, she felt that as soon as you were done with school, as long as you were working regularly, you didn’t need in-class training, that it was a waste of time and a racket for making money.
I disagree. In-class and hands-on continuing education is one of the most important things to do as a professional in your chosen field. And here # reasons why:
- Helps you get out of your routine. – As a Massage Therapist, you can’t help but have a certain routine when working on someone. I’ve probably done about 1000 massages, and although every body is different a lot can have similar pain patterns or I even start the same way on every massage. Learning new stuff helps me with boredom as well as challenges me to make my work more interesting.
- More tools in your tool box. – Learning a new way to approach an overall issue or just a different stroke can help keep you regular clients happy and assist with those clients who’s issues you’ve been working with but have only come so far.
- Keeps you humble – It reminds you that you only know a fraction of knowledge in your field. Learning again and again about how little you know creates a sense of caution when working with risky situations.
- It teaches you the right questions to ask. – If you don’t know what your missing or not getting, how can you know the correct way to ask a peer or leader in your field for advice?
- Networking – Meeting other professionals in your field is so much fun! Don’t think of your peers in the field as competitors. They can help you.
Its so easy to put these things off because you think they aren’t important, or that you don’t need to learn anything else. However, Continuing Education is one of the most important things about being a professional and a leader in your field.
This year is a renewal year for the National Strength and Conditioning Association, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists. Next year is a renewal year for Licensed Massage Therapists. And I couldn’t be happier to step back into the role as student!